why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Friday 4 January 2013

My 2013 Resort Wish List.....

This spring I have actually been more excited about the resort collections than spring/ summer!  Easy, wearable but with a twist the pieces below are great for now and for the future!


Celine...


Need I say more!  Monochrome is huge for summer invest early I love the minimal sporty feel of this outfit and clashing shapes be inspired!


I love the use of print and colour here and the all white outfit underneath sharpens the look and keeps animal print looking very modern and chic



Stella McCartney...


I have always been a fan of all over print and this has definitely caught my eye slightly 90's revival with the puffa jacket and don't forget to match your shoes for the ultimate in head to toe print


3.1 Phillip Lim...


Get yourselves a pair of these leather dungarees is the new all in one shape for summer the black leather stops this looking too teenage and wear something looser underneath for a more grown up look



I love this denim jacket with the gaffa tape plaster effect (a technique also seen at Christopher Kane's ss'13 show) its a great way to update an old washed out denim jacket (cheap DIY tip!)  again wear simply with black and white and amazing sunnies


Balmain...


My new season investment is going to be the summer suit I love this pastel blue shade worn head to toe and the metallic shoes are a great way to finish the outfit a cooler more rock n' roll way to wear tailoring just keep it simple, button up your shirt and make sure your jacket is oversized



Mixing strong print and pastels is a great summer look go for an oversized blouse and masculine trousers


Acne...


Take a classic biker jacket and turn it white its a great summer staple and this look is another cool way to wear monochrome and the half cowboy boot is brilliant definitely a perfect summer shoe that can go with everything


Givenchy...


Try boxy shapes and playing with proportions again another take on the biker jacket its great to go over jumpers as we hit ac transitional weather moment wanting to wear new season but its too cold...oversized styles are perfect for this problem


Double denim is definitely making another comeback I love it and wear this trend fairly regularly and will equally tie my hair back and add a strong lip colour perfect spring dressing

1 comment: