why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Wednesday 19 February 2014

Milan Fashion Week, Day 1

The Highlights.....

Today I arrived in Milan for the third leg of fashion week. it's pissing it down here but meant to be sunny tomorrow lets hope as in need of some good weather!
Having to go straight from the plane to the first show I decided to keep my jeans and jumper on its a day of flats to the old Celine trainers came out and a good coat was all that mattered today! I have also trialled my new Fendi bag (I do love their bags!) black and silver the perfect combo





Coat by Christian Dior (vintage)
Jeans by Levis
Shoes by Celine
Bag by Fendi

I am noticing a lot of white everywhere.....
my mini Loewe bag (it actually is the size of my hand and not great as doesn't even fit my mobile but it's so cute!)


Love a retro painting


This new jewellery designer I spotted at the Vogue talent night here in Milan Lliy Kamper is stocked at Liberty and these pendants are around £150 upwards


white show invites


Top tip, the Birkenstock should be your shoe of choice for summer but if they are too ugly for you try these studde ones to add a bit of rock n roll to this ugly shoe trend happening right now.
Birkies by Giambatista Valli at Matches


It's all retro and sixties at Gucci today



To add to the retro vibe these guys who form the brand Finlay & Co are 5 guys who have never worked in fashion before but decided to form a brand making wooden sunglasses that get more expensive the better the wood lightweight and in loads of cool natural colours get yours now!


Best show ticket so far has to be the Willy Wonka style chocolate bar, unwrap to see if you have a shit seat or not!


The day is finished off with my first ever Prada bag gift feels like it's he 80's again with a gift like this! It's the new Double bag and I feel very spoilt/ lucky/ grateful (all of the above!)

Then my favourite show if the day and a brand I have been a big fan of for a while now...No.21
If you like sparkle this is how you would want to wear it without feeling to pretty or girly!
Girly grunge.....
Here are my favourite looks








1 comment: