why i do what I do.....

I am now Fashion Director at Glamour magazine but following on from the success of my weekly column in the Sunday Times Style magazine I thought I would bring this page to life every week and also give you the chance to comment. This page is not for me to dictate what you should be wearing but to offer ideas on how to put wearable outfits together. Its not what you wear it's how you wear it!



Monday 3 February 2014

Skirts.....

This season is all about the skirt and one of my favourite styles is the midi skirt, inspired by the shapes seen in the past at Celine this style is great for all shapes and you can WIN the white one I am wearing in the second outfit1 Just leave a comment below or retweet the blog to enter the competition, dealing Saturday 8th February...good luck! 










TIP...mixing strong minimal shapes with a simple a line skirt works really well here and for the cold winter days add a boots to toughen up the feminine look use coloured sunglasses to add colour.  This skirt shape is great for those with a narrow body shape
coat and skirt by jil sander at selfridges
shirt by james perse
boots by chloe
sunglasses by emporio armani










TIP...two trends on look the kick hem skirt is a great shape for the curvier figure and to bring it up to date I have styled it with this years must have jacket the puff, keep colour tones simple and go for a slightly longer top to show off the hem and not the shape of your body
jacket by stella mccartney
t-shirt by american vintage
skirt by zara
boots and sunglasses as before

5 comments:

  1. As always styled to perfection, and as always I enter to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the skirt is great for curvier figures - always on the look out for top tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both skirts are just great, and I love that Stella puffer in the second. The white skirt drops just perfectly and can't believe it's from Zara - so CĂ©line!

    www.maisieivy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cut and length of this skirt, looks perfect and would suit dressing up and down, great with boots

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the length of the white skirt, so refreshing and the shape is perfect to wear with long boots now and metallic pool slides come summer. Love the styling x

    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete